Stanley 91-541 8 Piece Screwdriver Set
|Product Name:||91-541 8 Piece Screwdriver Set|
Looking for a good quality screwdriver set for use around the home or when working on your vehicle? Then this set of eight Flathead and Phillips head screwdrivers might be for you. Stanley is a trusted manufacturer of tools and is known for its quality and craftsmanship. As I’ve mentioned in other posts on my site, I’ve owned Stanley tools before and was satisfied with them. Let’s check out more about the screwdriver set here.
The yellow and black logo is very familiar to do it yourself types and tradesmen alike and the company has been making tools in the US since the middle of the 19th century; they have established a solid reputation for fine tools and equipment. The STANLEY 91-541 Cushion Grip Screwdriver Set, 8-Piece upholds Stanley’s long reputation for outstanding tools.
Two Different lengths and both Flathead and Phillips tips
A basic set of screwdrivers should have at least a Phillips head and a flathead tip as these are the most common types of screw heads. There are four flat-head and four Phillips head screwdrivers in this very basic set – but “basic” does not mean it’s not a good thing!
The set includes four 6” length screwdrivers and four 4” length screw drivers, allowing you to get to those hard to reach places as well as letting you use a driver in a confined and tight space.
They have a nice, soft, cushioned grip for ease of use and comfort on longer jobs. The grips also prevent slipping even when your hands are tired or sweaty or covered in grime and grease and help reduce fatigue like I’ve had when removing or installing many fasteners like in past projects I’ve built.
Most professionals who use tools already have a strong grip and calloused hands but for the hobbyist or do it yourself home repair the cushioned grips can really save some of the pain in your hands. They work well whether you are using them bare handed or with work gloves.
The tips of the screwdrivers are magnetic which helps with handling screws in tights spots or when trying to juggle the screw driver and something else in the other hand. There are a variety of large and small heads that would fit most common screw head sizes. Take it from me, this is a huge plus when working with jobs in which dropping a screw down a hole or other opening could mean losing it forever.
Money is tight for everyone these days and at less than $20 this set is very affordable for the number of tools you get. You can’t go wrong with eight solid and dependable drivers for less than twenty bucks!
- Ergonomic grips: It’s important to have a comfortable and firm grip on any hand tools you are using. You do not want your hands slipping off the handle of a screwdriver and possibly throwing yourself off balance or hurting yourself due to a insecure grip.
- Magnetic tips: Most modern screwdrivers have magnetic tips for ease of use. These tips come in handy when trying to balance on a ladder or use the driver one handed. It also helps to keep the head of the driver in firm contact with the recessed grooves of the screw head.
- Durable construction: You don’t want your tools breaking just when you need them most. Broken or poorly made tools are a danger to the folks who use them and you don’t want an injury on the job if you can avoid one. Stanley’s well-deserved reputation for quality is shown in this set of screwdrivers. Each driver is durable and made to last.
- Good variety: The set has a good variety of heads and lengths to cover the most common applications at home or when working on your car. While the set is small it does provide good selection for its size and cost.
- Not enough variety: With only eight tools it is hard to cover every need possible. Honestly there could be a larger variety of lengths and heads, especially medium sizes, but that would also increase the cost for the set.
- No holes in handles: Some tool users like to hang their tools from hooks in their workshop for ease of locating tools and for keeping track of missing tools. These drivers don’t have a hole in the handle to permit the use of storage hooks in your workshop.
Overall this is a great set of affordable, daily use screwdrivers for both DIY home or auto projects. Stanley is a trusted brand with a long history of quality and durability.
The screwdrivers are very comfortable to use and come in fa nice array of head sizes and shaft lengths. The magnetic heads can save you some searching around for a dropped screw so they come in very handy.
The STANLEY 91-541 Cushion Grip Screwdriver Set, 8-Piece could use a longer driver or more medium sized heads but for the money it offers a decent amount of variety. The cons of this set are very few and a little nit-picky as they are a solid set of tools.
It is a great little set of screwdrivers that is perfect for the hobbyist and professional alike. You won’t go wrong with this tool set and it will make a perfect addition to any tool bag. I like them and recommend them as a good choice for you too.★ Click here to find out the latest price and read great user reviews for the Stanley 8-piece screwdriver set ★